Quantifire Latest Changes
This is a recommended update for all users.
188.8.131.52 (released 2020-08-12)
This update is intended for users outside Europe/Middle East/UK. It includes an option to set the user’s region – prioritising the loading of steel sections, and the matching on the import canvas, to those from that region.
184.108.40.206 (released 2020-08-08)
- The sides options has been expanded to include 3, 2 and 1 sides (contour and box) for nearly all shapes
- Saving now records the input method and unit settings. These are now sets them automatically when a job is loaded
- New feature to change the font size of the body of the report
- New feature to produce additional reports from existing reports (avoids the need to go back to MTO builder)
- New feature to detect long project and package names and write across two lines on reports
- When an EN product is loaded decimal places is automatically set to 3, to match common ETA formats
- The repeat headers logic has been improved and made compatible with varying font sizes
- Report re-creation bug fixed whereby changes to the MTO and saves could result in the wrong sections being written to the report
- Import canvas
- Import canvas now recognises a range of new section abbreviations for eastern Europe (QRC,MHS,BL,RK,RP,RO)
- SHS and RHS sections now return the best matches from either, rather than only those with the identical shape. E.g. RHS80*8 will return SHS 80×8, instead of RHS 120x80x8
- New feature to import utilisation % and comments – Tcrit calculations can now be performed with accurate utilisation values during import
- New feature to consolidate the sections on the canvas
- The section selector form on the canvas has been improved. Full profile names are now visible on right side to aid clarity. Split profile column sections now change correctly.
- Bug fixed on import whereby selecting the optional to exclude yellow matches can include the last yellow section by mistake
- Recovery feature added: our aim is zero bugs, but just in case a recovery feature has been added. The reset button can now write what was on MTO Builder onto an excel sheet (which can be imported via the canvas)
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- The manual input mode compatibility issue with imperial units and steel tonne units has been fixed
- The lateral torsional buckling calcs have been modified slightly to make them less conservative
- Minor bug fixes
220.127.116.11 (released 2020-07-13)
- The DFT calculation error for custom (undefined size) CHS and SHS sections has been fixed
- With the expansion of UL certified products in Quantifire it is becoming more common to build a DFT report from multiple prod-certificate combinations. This was leading to duplication of products in the products summary. The report now checks and consolidates multiple occurrences of the same product into one line. It also skips the ‘All PFP products’ if there is only one line, to avoid giving the same info twice
- Overwriting a report now updates the saveID in the database, if the job was saved between reports. Previously, saving before overwriting a report could prevent it from being recreated due to it being assigned to the wrong saveID
- The handling of 4 sided beams has been changed to allow variations from 4 sided column DFTs
- Duplicate sections button has been improved, allowing users to duplicate multiple sections, multiple times
- The prompt when closing Quantifire no longer appears twice on some systems
- A security plug-in timeout setting has been altered to stop the occasional error during validation when opening Quantifire
- A new feature has been added to the main menu to move the controls vertically as you scroll up/down. This option is off by default as it has a minor impact on the performance of Quantifire. Please consider it a ‘beta’ feature as it will undergo further testing
18.104.22.168 (released 2020-07-06)
- Users now assigned as Hydrocarbon, Cellulosic or both. Market segments, projects and products visible restricted accordingly.
- m-1 and m2 notation issues for non USA/Western Europe regions fixed on reports and MTO builder
- Import now allows skip of integers in profile column (to ignore handle totals put in that column)
- Import now imports sections with double brackets (Russian, US hollows) correctly
- Import no longer crashes when raw data files contains text that looks like invalid formulas (e.g. “===”)
- Resizing of labels on custom insert to fix truncation of units on some displays
- Better ordering of products in the product selection window, to ensure all certificates of one product are together
22.214.171.124 (released 2020-06-19)
- This upgrade is for European mainland users as it mainly contains compatibility fixes:
- Decimal place entry issues resolved for comma decimal regions
- Related issues when importing custom sections import from canvas resolved
- New report option: show the fire standard at the top of the report with the project info (only use if a single fire standard applies on a report)
- Re-create report now shows any custom notes that were added
- Bug fixed whereby very low dimensions (<10cm) would not save
- Bug fixed whereby the beam length setting of span-to-depth ratio was failing for cell beams
- Revised update available screen, that will show a note on who should upgrade when future versions become available
126.96.36.199 (released 2020-06-13)
- New report re-building feature
- Users no longer need to create a report (and increase the revision number) to see an old report. The main menu Create Report includes a new option to re-create old revisions. Note the correct save ID must be loaded first
- Import canvas improvements
- The automatic section builder is now expanded to include 2F/W and F/W I-section notation, and CHS, SHS and RHS sections. Note the hollow section builder runs after it has checked for serial sections (to take advantage of lower section factor values available on serial sections).
- The logic has been improved to handle blanks in the dimension fields (length, area, weight), and to handle non numeric characters in the Tcrit fields
- Important bug fixed whereby some custom sections could prevent the job from being saved after import
- Bugs fixed whereby Use canvas section factor was not working for custom sections, and whereby good matches were sometimes shown as yellow instead of green.
- ‘X’ versions now available
- Quantifire external customer versions now ready:- reduced functionality versions for Quantifire full versions customers to provide to their own customers, restricted to only their products.
- Database updates:
- Additional European sections added to the database. UL1709 intumescents added to available products
188.8.131.52 (released 2020-05-31)
- New features when creating report:
- Primers, topcoats, mesh, wastage, costs, and unprotected sections can now be summarised on reports.
- Custom notes can now be added (and new notes with detail on meshing and wastage can be selected – note these are currently English language only)
- Export to Excel feature now available on reports. This creates a copy of the report in MS Excel to allow easier editing.
- DFT table creator
- Users can now see the DFT tables held within Quantifire for any product they load. Access this via: Main menu –> view product info –> Product certification report.
- Bugs fixed:
- Unfortunately some bugs appeared in the last version due to a change in the compilation platform we use, affecting features we thought unchanged (e.g. cell beams). This version has had an extensive check of all features and a number of minor improvements have been made to assist with stability and regional compatibility
- Database updates:
- Additional (older) UB sizes and further Chinese section have been added to the section database
184.108.40.206 (released 2020-05-14)
- New features when saving and loading:
- There has been confusion between Job ID, Project Ref, Project ID. To try and simplify, the Job ID has been renamed as Save ID – to clarify that this relates to a unique Quantifire save number, not a customer-assigned project reference .
- Just before each save, the user is now given the option of entering a save description. This is to help the user find their saves in the future (as we recognise a few options may need to be considered when a project specification is not exact). These descriptions are now visible alongside the Save IDs when loading.
- A new View my Saves button has been added to the main project selector form. It shows you your 250 most recent saves, including the new description field, when it was created, and the project name.
- Bugs fixed:
- Unfortunately the changes introduced in v220.127.116.11 could cause issues with the report summaries for products sold by volume. These are now fixed.
- Reducing the number of products loaded could cause a crash with certain types of summary column. Now fixed.
18.104.22.168 (released 2020-05-10)
- Custom sections improved and expanded:
- New custom section types: cruciform sections, built-up boxes, flats, rods, and custom item when the profile is unknown
- Sides options expanded and partially encased now an option (now capable of handling beams with shelf angles)
- Import feature improved:
- All custom sections are now available to use on the import canvas
- New plate girder builder feature (turns “I” or “PG” with dimensions into custom sections)
- Zone names can now be headings (before the profile lines) instead of in the same line (to avoid re-formatting imported worksheets)
- Improved logic to catch impossible sides combinations and convert them during import
- Section library expanded to include Chinese sections
- Change sections wizard now allows sections to be moved to other zones, and now works with concrete filled tubes.
- Edit buttons improved: delete can now delete all, and checks have been added to stop crash if there are no sections
- Reporting improvements: summaries now give the total length (taking account of the quantity), and by default items that cannot be protected are excluded from the summaries for improved clarity. An option has been added to include them.
- The following reported bugs have been fixed:
- Truss items were sometimes failing to give a Tcrit calculation and DFT (as if the items were columns)
- Saving would fail if a zone name or other text file includes: ‘
- Saving now saves all zones (even unused ones), and empty jobs can no longer be saved
- The bug that could show the wrong All-products summary totals has been fixed (it could double count the first zone if the zone names were shown and there was more than 3 unused zone names)
22.214.171.124 (released 2020-04-19)
- Compatibility issue resolved with systems that do not use English as the native language (causing crash when use the combination product summary column)
- Bugs fixed in project statistics: selection form now displays correct product and crash in certain scenarios fixed
- Manual edit mode formatting improved to ignore zone name lines
- Rounds are now imported from canvas as 4-sides default (instead of 3)
- Sections are now imported from canvas into the selected zone (not the “None” zone) in the absence of a zone column.
v126.96.36.199 (released 2020-04-13)
- Formatting improvements
- MTO Builder formatting added to improve readability of long MTOs
- Multi-product summary column (with quantity total) feature added, allowing users to see project offers without the need to generate a report
- Section factor now held in Quantifire and database to one decimal place, to prevent small rounding differences occurring on saving/loading
- Project statistics feature added
- Gives a breakdown of the project
- Product comparison and certification report features added
- Gives a summary of the product data loaded
- Allows the users to see a summary of the individual assessment tables used, the scope of these table, and the source of these tables
- Improvements made to cell beams
- Bug fixed whereby Quantifire could crash if a cell beam had 60 holes or 1 hole
- Better interaction between the MTO Builder and CB calculator sheets, and with the Change Wizard and Manual Edit mode.
- Bug fixed whereby non-integer hole dimensions could load incorrectly on European systems (with comma decimal)
- Four sided cells beams option added and clarification on limits of applicability stated
- Mixed web posts (circular/rectangular each side) now takes worst case WPF, not just the rectangular
v188.8.131.52 (released 2020-30-29)
- Loading of steel sections: this is now done automatically when loading a project or importing from the canvas (to prevent ones from being missed out).
- Reports: bug fixed whereby Quantifire could crash if zones on and quantity column off, bug fixed whereby product totals not showing if quantity column off, column selector move up/down feature improved, thousand separator now uses system native character.
- Cell beams: Tcrit editor button no longer overwrites user-defined failure criteria automatically, protected cells beams now show the temperature corrected for WPF (not uncorrected), a crash that could occur when using advanced CB calculator page for some unprotected cell beams has been fixed, Q+CB is now shown as the Tcrit for protected cell beams (instead of ‘N/A’, so that users do not think this is an error when the Tcrit does not exist independently of the product).
- A 32-bit download link added to the update screen
- New windows now forced to appear on same screen as main application
- Bug fixed whereby lengths/areas/weight of 3 decimal places were turned into thousands in comma-decimal regions.
- The section search box is now case-insensitive
- Fire duration units clarified on MTO Builder and added to reports (units also broken onto separate lines)