Version v220.127.116.11 is now available and upgrade is highly recommended for all hydrocarbon users and cellular beam users. Note that jet fire data will no longer load correctly in older versions.
18.104.22.168 (released 2021-06-21) and 22.214.171.124a (2021-07-04)
- The Eurocode method for calculation of class 4 sections has been improved and internal checks are complete. However please note: it is currently undergoing a 3rd party verification study and use of the method is not recommended at this time. Please await further confirmation
- Cellular beam import has been greatly improved. Users can now import beams from serial sections (e.g. Westok beams, or serial sections with holes cut directly in them), to complement the previously implemented welded plate cell beams. Users can set the hole type and size, the failure temperatures, the section factors, and the web post width or hole spacing directly on the canvas.
- Increased flexibility added on length of cell beams when the failure criteria are given during import (but the 3m-30m limit still applies for temperature calculations)
- Bugs fixed that could prevent saving of complex cellular beams, and could cause Quantifire to display the individual CB area instead of the total
- UL jet fire certificates that consider erosion thickness as a function of the total fire duration (in addition to the Tcrit and JF duration) can now be handled
- Version 126.96.36.199a fixes a bug that can cause cell beam bottom tees to be incorrect after import
188.8.131.52 (released 2021-05-30)
- A Eurocode method for calculation of class 4 sections has been implemented. NOTE: it is currently undergoing a 3rd party verification study and use of the method is not recommended at this time, please await further confirmation
- The method of calculating the web section factor of cell beams now has two options, which will give different results for asymmetric beans. Previously the minimum web thickness was taken, now the average is taken by default (this can be changed in the advanced settings).
- New type of custom section added: I and RHS beams with shelf angles and with shelf plates
- Cruciform sections dimensions can now be quickly based on serial I-sections
- The two main methods of editing the MTO (pen mode and change-all) have been modified for re-calculation of 4 sided beam Tcrit values: they no longer adopt the conservative approach only, but now use the full-lateral-restraint setting to determine the appropriate temperature. See the users manual for more detail.
- Import canvas consolidation improved to now handle individual length, area and weight columns (not just total columns as before)
- Optimiser bug fixes: fabricated hollow sections now giving correct section factor and weight (weight was showing as 0 before), number of coats calculation corrected
- Entering search text for sections now sets the sides options and use automatically if a category is typed (e.g. “shs 100×5”)
- Bug fix whereby the first section entered as a composite beam could go in as non-composite
- The get-started screen can now show messages to alert users to bug reports or new features
184.108.40.206 (released 2021-04-26)
- New cell beam features:
- Option added to build a cell beams from an unmodified serial section, saving the need to enter a separate bottom tee or the correct depth
- Import canvas will now build cell beams from UB and UC parent sections, if the profile name include both the cell beam identifier and the category code (e.g. CB UB 406x178x54)
- Improved section search feature: entering a category after the start (followed by a space) will filter automatically to the category (e.g. whereas entering 140 would give many options before, entering IPE 140 will now select IPE automatically and show only the relevant sections).
- The pen mode button can now modify for concrete filled tubes
- A number of bug fixes, including resolving an important bug that could prevent the job from saving after some advanced Tcrit or CB calculations
220.127.116.11 (released 2021-04-12)
- The optimiser is now available. Permission to use is set on an individual-user basis. Contact your primary user to request access on your behalf
- Significant improvements to the section-matching routines on the canvas:
- Users can now select the serial section they want to include, preventing irrelevant matches and making the routine quicker
- The custom section builder has been expanded to nearly all section shapes, and the routine made faster
- Users can set custom-text which causes a custom section to be built
- Custom cell-beam builder expanded to include plate girders (not only CBs described in the westok format)
- Import canvas consolidation speed improved and bug fixed that could cause crash when copying and pasting “=” onto the canvas
- A number of bug fixes, including fix of the “unable to save job” error after import of certain custom sections
18.104.22.168 (released 2021-03-16)
- The optimiser is now available in beta-form, but disabled for all users by default. Primary administrators will be contacted and demos given before being enabled
- Improvements for North American users: Expanded use of imperial units, auto-switching to imperial units, automatic selection of 1000 deg F when a UL1709 product is loaded, along with prompted to enable UL1709 single-thickness mode
- Improvements for ‘X’ licenses: ‘X’ licenses providers now have separate report disclaimers to the ‘X’ licensee, and can display their own disclaimers on start-up
- Shortcut keys implements on MTO builder page: ‘up’ and ‘down’ cycle through section category, ‘left’ and ‘right’ cycle through section size, ‘c’ opens the custom section window, ‘Enter’ inserts the current section
- Custom sections expansion to include the ability to add sections when only the heated perimeter and the weight per metre are known
- The partially exposed/concrete encased options for sides has been editorially corrected to match the user manual description
- Advanced Tcrit calcs now use a more accurate method to account for root radius of I- and hollow sections, and custom sections can now be specified as being welded (default), hot finished or cold-formed for Tcrit calcs
- Minor improvements: section selector now shows loaded sections when opened, rather than defaults each time; the currency no longer reverts to EUR each time the system costs window is opened; DFT table creation bugs with freezing and failure to create table when products share a certificate name fixed; users can no longer progress from product selector before clicking a product; crash on searching when only Indian sections loaded fixed.
- Canvas import logic improved to speed up import of long files with repetitive specimens
- v22.214.171.124 differs from v126.96.36.199 in that a bug preventing use of the user-specified partial safety factor option has been fixed (and the Tcrit default has been restored to 500).