Version v18.104.22.168 is now available. Upgrade is optional for general users but recommended for users of the optimiser feature.
22.214.171.124 (released 2021-10-15)
- New feature: the text used to detect (and build) custom sections when using profile matching on the canvas can now be saved for each user individually, allowing users to set text relevant to their region.
- New feature: the setting of default Tcrit values has been improved. Temperatures for different shapes and uses are now shown for each option and users can individually modify temperatures for shapes and uses (subject to user permissions) allowing a range of user-set Tcrits without the need to change them manually between sections.
- Please note the Quantifire Terms and Conditions of Use have been updated.
- Fixed bug introduced in v126.96.36.199 that could cause the optimiser to crash when recalculating Tcrits
- Shelf angles (entered as a custom section) now accommodate upwards pointing angles, permitted greater concrete encasement depths
188.8.131.52 (released 2021-09-20)
- The saving method has been overhauled to be faster. In the (hopefully nonexistent) event of failure a backup file is saved for PFP Specialists to investigate and resolve.
- The import canvas has been improved:
- Profile-matching logic improved to pick up sections as serials when a duplicated dimension is not given (e.g. SHS 140×4 or L 120×8 will now be recognised as serials)
- Profile matching without category names has been similarly improved to handle duplicate dimensions in either the given profile or the Quantifire serial section
- The above improvements have allowed new defaults added to the custom section builder without reducing the number of serial matches (“L”,”pipe”,”HSS”)
- The “Use canvas” area has been adjusted, to fix a bug that could occur when 4 sided beams were imported with length set as totals
- Precision of dimensions has been increased behind the scenes to prevent 1-micron rounding errors when entering by area or weight
- Custom section entry with non-system decimal separators (e.g. use of “.” in Europe) can give unrealistic dimensions, a warning message has been added if the wrong decimal is detected in European regions
- Further improvements made to imperial unit display and display of DFTs (improved rounding for on-screen and improved display as fractions)
- Improvements and bug fixes made to divisional calculations and entry of bulkheads and decks
184.108.40.206 (released 2021-08-30)
- Quantifire has now been expanded to include cementitious fire protection. The focus is initially on the UL1709 market in North America, hence the term SFRM (spray applied fire resistant material) is used. A update to the User Guide will accompany this version to explain more on how to use SFRMs in Quantifire, the bd-ft/bag measure used for quantity calculations, and how a certificate can be specific to a box design or a contour design.
- Accompanying SFRMs, the US imperial units available in Quantifire have undergone some improvements to make them more available in reports and menus. Product DFTs can also now be displayed in fractions (base 1/16) to match UL certificates.
- The system page has undergone improvements. The user can now choose whether materials are sold by weight or by volume, allowing different products to be compared more easily. Conversion between units now converts values entered automatically. Density can now been changed for all products.
- The product selector window now allows the user to filter product type and to list only their own products, making product selection a little quicker and easier
- Some bugs fixed, including a rare bug that could put the DFTs in the wrong place when changing products after cell beam after
- The change all has been improved to now include all sides options, and a couple of extra side options have been added. Cell beams can also now be switched between 3 and 4 sided exposure (4 sided available only with user-specified Tcrit). Change all can now recalculate temperatures for all sections without changing or updating the Tcrit method (previously, temperature updates were limited to one method of Tcrit calculation that had to be set manually).
- The import canvas has had a couple of minor improvements to the column matching logic and the profile matching window (the latter now remembers the profile types previously selected when opened).
- Finally, some changes have been made for compatibility with the Quantifire Web Service (QWS), about to be launched. More information will follow on QWS soon.
220.127.116.11 (released 2021-08-03, including 18.104.22.168 2021-08-02)
- Note 22.214.171.124 fixed a bug introduced in 126.96.36.199 that would prevent import when starting with a blank canvas
- An new method of calculating the DFT for a concrete filled tube (C.F.T.) has been implemented. Previous certificates continue to give DFTs based on the section factor method, however new certificates give DFTs on a wall thickness and tube diameter (or side length) basis.
- Cell beams can now be re-dimensioned after entry. The length can now be changed using the pen mode, change-all button or in the CB calculator sheet. The main menu advanced settings now contain extra options on when to regenerate holes (if the length is increased) and whether to maintain the end post (when increasing of decreasing length)
- A new method of calculation load combination has been added for compatibility with Eurocode national annexes (e.g. Poland) that require using the smallest of Eq. 6.10a and 6.10b in EN 1993.
- System and pricing bug fixes / improvements:
- Improved handling of comma decimals in the pricing menu
- Appropriate use of kg or L in the price per unit summary on reports
- An ‘apply to all products’ button has been added to speed entry of system details across multiple products
188.8.131.52 (released 2021-06-21) and 184.108.40.206a (2021-07-04)
- Note that jet fire data will no longer load correctly in older versions due to a change implemented in this version to handle new types of certificate
- The Eurocode method for calculation of class 4 sections has been improved and internal checks are complete. However please note: it is currently undergoing a 3rd party verification study and use of the method is not recommended at this time. Please await further confirmation
- Cellular beam import has been greatly improved. Users can now import beams from serial sections (e.g. Westok beams, or serial sections with holes cut directly in them), to complement the previously implemented welded plate cell beams. Users can set the hole type and size, the failure temperatures, the section factors, and the web post width or hole spacing directly on the canvas.
- Increased flexibility added on length of cell beams when the failure criteria are given during import (but the 3m-30m limit still applies for temperature calculations)
- Bugs fixed that could prevent saving of complex cellular beams, and could cause Quantifire to display the individual CB area instead of the total
- UL jet fire certificates that consider erosion thickness as a function of the total fire duration (in addition to the Tcrit and JF duration) can now be handled
- Version 220.127.116.11a fixes a bug that can cause cell beam bottom tees to be incorrect after import
18.104.22.168 (released 2021-05-30)
- A Eurocode method for calculation of class 4 sections has been implemented. NOTE: it is currently undergoing a 3rd party verification study and use of the method is not recommended at this time, please await further confirmation
- The method of calculating the web section factor of cell beams now has two options, which will give different results for asymmetric beans. Previously the minimum web thickness was taken, now the average is taken by default (this can be changed in the advanced settings).
- New type of custom section added: I and RHS beams with shelf angles and with shelf plates
- Cruciform sections dimensions can now be quickly based on serial I-sections
- The two main methods of editing the MTO (pen mode and change-all) have been modified for re-calculation of 4 sided beam Tcrit values: they no longer adopt the conservative approach only, but now use the full-lateral-restraint setting to determine the appropriate temperature. See the users manual for more detail.
- Import canvas consolidation improved to now handle individual length, area and weight columns (not just total columns as before)
- Optimiser bug fixes: fabricated hollow sections now giving correct section factor and weight (weight was showing as 0 before), number of coats calculation corrected
- Entering search text for sections now sets the sides options and use automatically if a category is typed (e.g. “shs 100×5”)
- Bug fix whereby the first section entered as a composite beam could go in as non-composite
- The get-started screen can now show messages to alert users to bug reports or new features
22.214.171.124 (released 2021-04-26)
- New cell beam features:
- Option added to build a cell beams from an unmodified serial section, saving the need to enter a separate bottom tee or the correct depth
- Import canvas will now build cell beams from UB and UC parent sections, if the profile name include both the cell beam identifier and the category code (e.g. CB UB 406x178x54)
- Improved section search feature: entering a category after the start (followed by a space) will filter automatically to the category (e.g. whereas entering 140 would give many options before, entering IPE 140 will now select IPE automatically and show only the relevant sections).
- The pen mode button can now modify for concrete filled tubes
- A number of bug fixes, including resolving an important bug that could prevent the job from saving after some advanced Tcrit or CB calculations
126.96.36.199 (released 2021-04-12)
- The optimiser is now available. Permission to use is set on an individual-user basis. Contact your primary user to request access on your behalf
- Significant improvements to the section-matching routines on the canvas:
- Users can now select the serial section they want to include, preventing irrelevant matches and making the routine quicker
- The custom section builder has been expanded to nearly all section shapes, and the routine made faster
- Users can set custom-text which causes a custom section to be built
- Custom cell-beam builder expanded to include plate girders (not only CBs described in the westok format)
- Import canvas consolidation speed improved and bug fixed that could cause crash when copying and pasting “=” onto the canvas
- A number of bug fixes, including fix of the “unable to save job” error after import of certain custom sections