Version v184.108.40.206 is now available and upgrade is recommended for advanced Tcrit calc and cell beam users.
220.127.116.11 (released 2021-04-26)
- New cell beam features:
- Option added to build a cell beams from an unmodified serial section, saving the need to enter a separate bottom tee or the correct depth
- Import canvas will now build cell beams from UB and UC parent sections, if the profile name include both the cell beam identifier and the category code (e.g. CB UB 406x178x54)
- Improved section search feature: entering a category after the start (followed by a space) will filter automatically to the category (e.g. whereas entering 140 would give many options before, entering IPE 140 will now select IPE automatically and show only the relevant sections).
- The pen mode button can now modify for concrete filled tubes
- A number of bug fixes, including resolving an important bug that could prevent the job from saving after some advanced Tcrit or CB calculations
18.104.22.168 (released 2021-04-12)
- The optimiser is now available. Permission to use is set on an individual-user basis. Contact your primary user to request access on your behalf
- Significant improvements to the section-matching routines on the canvas:
- Users can now select the serial section they want to include, preventing irrelevant matches and making the routine quicker
- The custom section builder has been expanded to nearly all section shapes, and the routine made faster
- Users can set custom-text which causes a custom section to be built
- Custom cell-beam builder expanded to include plate girders (not only CBs described in the westok format)
- Import canvas consolidation speed improved and bug fixed that could cause crash when copying and pasting “=” onto the canvas
- A number of bug fixes, including fix of the “unable to save job” error after import of certain custom sections
22.214.171.124 (released 2021-03-16)
- The optimiser is now available in beta-form, but disabled for all users by default. Primary administrators will be contacted and demos given before being enabled
- Improvements for North American users: Expanded use of imperial units, auto-switching to imperial units, automatic selection of 1000 deg F when a UL1709 product is loaded, along with prompted to enable UL1709 single-thickness mode
- Improvements for ‘X’ licenses: ‘X’ licenses providers now have separate report disclaimers to the ‘X’ licensee, and can display their own disclaimers on start-up
- Shortcut keys implements on MTO builder page: ‘up’ and ‘down’ cycle through section category, ‘left’ and ‘right’ cycle through section size, ‘c’ opens the custom section window, ‘Enter’ inserts the current section
- Custom sections expansion to include the ability to add sections when only the heated perimeter and the weight per metre are known
- The partially exposed/concrete encased options for sides has been editorially corrected to match the user manual description
- Advanced Tcrit calcs now use a more accurate method to account for root radius of I- and hollow sections, and custom sections can now be specified as being welded (default), hot finished or cold-formed for Tcrit calcs
- Minor improvements: section selector now shows loaded sections when opened, rather than defaults each time; the currency no longer reverts to EUR each time the system costs window is opened; DFT table creation bugs with freezing and failure to create table when products share a certificate name fixed; users can no longer progress from product selector before clicking a product; crash on searching when only Indian sections loaded fixed.
- Canvas import logic improved to speed up import of long files with repetitive specimens
- v126.96.36.199 differs from v188.8.131.52 in that a bug preventing use of the user-specified partial safety factor option has been fixed (and the Tcrit default has been restored to 500).
184.108.40.206 (released 2021-01-22)
- Bug fix: prevent specific combinations of products from giving incorrect DFTs (creators of reports affected were notified on 2021-01-21)
- Bug fix: moving sections and moving/deleting zones bug fixed
- New feature: Import from canvas will now ask users how to proceed if the advanced Tcrit calculation is selected and section lengths are outside the range of 3-30 m (10-98 ft). Users can choose to base the length on the settings and the quantity will be modified to give the same total length/area/weight.
- Compatibility improved with eastern european systems, permitting use of comma decimals in the default section lengths.
220.127.116.11 (released 2021-01-18)
- New feature: two extra columns to select on reports: theoretical use (kg/m or lb/ft) and number of kits
- New feature: change all now includes option to modify concrete filled property of hollows
- ‘X’ users now compatible with teams – restricting visibility of ‘X’ customer projects to relevant users
- Import canvas now searches for the utilisation column automatically and will detect Ø as a CHS section
- Improved handling of ULS partial safety factors – Base Eurocode and UK National Annex parameters now available from a drop down list for ease of use (default set to Eurocode storage to be conservative)
- Entry by area and weight now expanded to imperial units
- Cell beams can now be entered by area or weight (this ignores holes)
- The detailed fire standard (e.g. EN 13381-6,-8,9,-10) now shown for each report line in the fire resistance standard column
- Report translation bugs fixed: summary totals and use (beam/column) words now correctly translated
- Bug fixed that caused crashes if the ALS loading was very high
- Bug fixed that caused crash in some regions when entering system information
18.104.22.168 (released 2020-12-17)
- Cell beam improvements:
- The tee-finder is expanded to look for matches that have a weight tolerance of +/-1kg, if a perfect match is not found
- Cell beams can now be entered by area or weight – NOTE the holes are excluded when calculating the length
- First steps have been taken to implement cell beams into the import canvas (as described below)
- Improved error handling to prevent unrealistic beams, with the implementation of an entry limitation of between 3 and 30m. Beams can be set to lengths outside this range using the Tcrit editor for those with the permission to do so.
- Import canvas improvements
- Cell beams in a westok designation (e.g. 650×305/305×248) will be automatically set as cell beams, if there term “cb”, “fab” or “westok” is included.
- The tee finder routine has been set to return a broadly symmetrical beam, if multiple configurations are found.
- Non-westok beams given in a westok format can also be calculated on the basis of a manually set flange to web thickness ratio (1.6 is entered as a realistic, but typically conservative, default)
- If beam lengths fall outside the 3-30m range, the length will be automatically replaced with a calculated length based on the span/depth ratio set in the advanced settings.
- The Edit Columns window will now guess the column letter based on the next available.
- Bugs fixed whereby consolidation could crash due to a feature introduced in 22.214.171.124 and whereby the custom separator was not working in the text-to-columns feature.
- Important bug fix: in previous versions the calculated weight of cell beams made from plate girder could falsely include a root radius if the preceding calculation was done on a similar beams from serial sections. This could give weight a tiny bit too high. This has been corrected. Note this bug had no affect on PFP DFTs or quantities.
- Note: future developments will permit the holes to be defined on the import canvas. At present these are automatically generated for every beam based on the advanced Tcrit settings.
126.96.36.199 (released 2020-12-02), including 188.8.131.52 (released 2020-11-30)
- v184.108.40.206 only: some bug fixes specific to the new teams feature
- New feature: teams visibility restrictions. This allows the following:
- Companies can implement an unlimited number of teams across 5 hierarchical levels (global, regional, sub-regional, country/state, district).
- If enabled, users are restricted to seeing projects created by their team or any team that reports to them.
- Specific permission can be granted (or removed) for any project to view a project outside their normal team
- Teams can apply to hydrocarbon and cellulosic users separately
- Rods DFT handling expanded to permit distinction between circular and square rods
- Pasting locked cells into the canvas will no longer lock parts of the canvas
- Improved regional compatibility, making use of the regional decimal and thousand system separators (instead of the UK/US defaults) and preventing some failures seen by users in eastern Europe.
- Bug fixes
- The “Flat” import canvas section builder could sometimes skip flats when importing
- v220.127.116.11 reports sometimes gave the fire standard instead of the certificate reference
- Some cell beam DFTs could revert to specified failure crtieria calcs when changing beam properties after reloading a job
- Returning from the CB calculator could move the cell beam to a different position if in the last zone
- Class 4 sections could crash on the Tcrit calculator page due to a graph plotting issue
- The change all could miss sections when changing a specific zone after moving or duplicating sections