This is a recommended update for all users.
184.108.40.206 (released 2020-12-02), including 220.127.116.11 (released 2020-11-30)
- v18.104.22.168 only: some bug fixes specific to the new teams feature
- New feature: teams visibility restrictions. This allows the following:
- Companies can implement an unlimited number of teams across 5 hierarchical levels (global, regional, sub-regional, country/state, district).
- If enabled, users are restricted to seeing projects created by their team or any team that reports to them.
- Specific permission can be granted (or removed) for any project to view a project outside their normal team
- Teams can apply to hydrocarbon and cellulosic users separately
- Rods DFT handling expanded to permit distinction between circular and square rods
- Pasting locked cells into the canvas will no longer lock parts of the canvas
- Improved regional compatibility, making use of the regional decimal and thousand system separators (instead of the UK/US defaults) and preventing some failures seen by users in eastern Europe.
- Bug fixes
- The “Flat” import canvas section builder could sometimes skip flats when importing
- v22.214.171.124 reports sometimes gave the fire standard instead of the certificate reference
- Some cell beam DFTs could revert to specified failure crtieria calcs when changing beam properties after reloading a job
- Returning from the CB calculator could move the cell beam to a different position if in the last zone
- Class 4 sections could crash on the Tcrit calculator page due to a graph plotting issue
- The change all could miss sections when changing a specific zone after moving or duplicating sections
126.96.36.199 (released 2020-10-28)
- Automatic note setting added: Quantifire now selects the notes automatically for the first revision of a report. Later revisions can also be set automatically.
- Edit button improvements:
- Move sections combined into a more useful button, allowing groups of sections to be moved to above or below any other section
- Summary totals button added to give a quick summary for each product of the quantity, cost, kits required, and unprotected sections
- Tooltips added to explain the function of each button
- Import canvas improvements
- Better logic to improve matches of SHS sections (which were previously failing to give the best match when a dimension was repeated)
- Plate/Flat builder feature added: when a profile does not give a good match but the name includes “pl”, “fl”, “bl” then Quantifire will create a custom flat or plate is the number of dimensions is appropriate
- Import now checks the sides against all the supported options, to prevent unsupported sides exposed descriptions passing to MTO Builder and causing problems later on.
- Calculation reports and statistics page improved via auto-population of project information and the addition of print and back buttons
- MTO Builder improvements:
- BUP Box sections now permit a 0mm outstand when treated as RHS, allowing for entry of RHS sections with different flange and web thicknesses.
- I sections can now be added when the side is against a wall (e.g. H) by selecting sides as “3 (end)”
- Default Tcrit from industry guidance now set as Eurocodes and no longer resets when the method is changed.
- Quantifire now detects when an EN13381-6 certificate is loaded, and turns off the CFT reduced section factor method and use of CHS sections automatically.
- The area and weight column names have been clarified (as sum columns) and the totals bar now gives the sum total length.
- Product comparison and DFT table builder bugs fixed: expiry date, access date, applicability to 4s.b. now correct.
- Invisible improvements:
- Better handling of expired products to allow jobs started before expiry to be loaded and edited
- Better handling of report numbers to prevent numbers remaining reserved when reports are cancelled
- Minor bug fixes (and editorial improvements):
- Fixed bug whereby unprotected Tcrit calculations of cell beams could fail to show the DFT on screen
- Fixed bug whereby entering by weight when steel units were set to tonnes could give wrong totals
188.8.131.52 (released 2020-08-12)
This update is intended for users outside Europe/Middle East/UK. It includes an option to set the user’s region – prioritising the loading of steel sections, and the matching on the import canvas, to those from that region.
184.108.40.206 (released 2020-08-08)
- The sides options has been expanded to include 3, 2 and 1 sides (contour and box) for nearly all shapes
- Saving now records the input method and unit settings. These are now sets them automatically when a job is loaded
- New feature to change the font size of the body of the report
- New feature to produce additional reports from existing reports (avoids the need to go back to MTO builder)
- New feature to detect long project and package names and write across two lines on reports
- When an EN product is loaded decimal places is automatically set to 3, to match common ETA formats
- The repeat headers logic has been improved and made compatible with varying font sizes
- Report re-creation bug fixed whereby changes to the MTO and saves could result in the wrong sections being written to the report
- Import canvas
- Import canvas now recognises a range of new section abbreviations for eastern Europe (QRC,MHS,BL,RK,RP,RO)
- SHS and RHS sections now return the best matches from either, rather than only those with the identical shape. E.g. RHS80*8 will return SHS 80×8, instead of RHS 120x80x8
- New feature to import utilisation % and comments – Tcrit calculations can now be performed with accurate utilisation values during import
- New feature to consolidate the sections on the canvas
- The section selector form on the canvas has been improved. Full profile names are now visible on right side to aid clarity. Split profile column sections now change correctly.
- Bug fixed on import whereby selecting the optional to exclude yellow matches can include the last yellow section by mistake
- Recovery feature added: our aim is zero bugs, but just in case a recovery feature has been added. The reset button can now write what was on MTO Builder onto an excel sheet (which can be imported via the canvas)
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- The manual input mode compatibility issue with imperial units and steel tonne units has been fixed
- The lateral torsional buckling calcs have been modified slightly to make them less conservative
- Minor bug fixes
220.127.116.11 (released 2020-07-13)
- The DFT calculation error for custom (undefined size) CHS and SHS sections has been fixed
- With the expansion of UL certified products in Quantifire it is becoming more common to build a DFT report from multiple prod-certificate combinations. This was leading to duplication of products in the products summary. The report now checks and consolidates multiple occurrences of the same product into one line. It also skips the ‘All PFP products’ if there is only one line, to avoid giving the same info twice
- Overwriting a report now updates the saveID in the database, if the job was saved between reports. Previously, saving before overwriting a report could prevent it from being recreated due to it being assigned to the wrong saveID
- The handling of 4 sided beams has been changed to allow variations from 4 sided column DFTs
- Duplicate sections button has been improved, allowing users to duplicate multiple sections, multiple times
- The prompt when closing Quantifire no longer appears twice on some systems
- A security plug-in timeout setting has been altered to stop the occasional error during validation when opening Quantifire
- A new feature has been added to the main menu to move the controls vertically as you scroll up/down. This option is off by default as it has a minor impact on the performance of Quantifire. Please consider it a ‘beta’ feature as it will undergo further testing
18.104.22.168 (released 2020-07-06)
- Users now assigned as Hydrocarbon, Cellulosic or both. Market segments, projects and products visible restricted accordingly.
- m-1 and m2 notation issues for non USA/Western Europe regions fixed on reports and MTO builder
- Import now allows skip of integers in profile column (to ignore handle totals put in that column)
- Import now imports sections with double brackets (Russian, US hollows) correctly
- Import no longer crashes when raw data files contains text that looks like invalid formulas (e.g. “===”)
- Resizing of labels on custom insert to fix truncation of units on some displays
- Better ordering of products in the product selection window, to ensure all certificates of one product are together
22.214.171.124 (released 2020-06-19)
- This upgrade is for European mainland users as it mainly contains compatibility fixes:
- Decimal place entry issues resolved for comma decimal regions
- Related issues when importing custom sections import from canvas resolved
- New report option: show the fire standard at the top of the report with the project info (only use if a single fire standard applies on a report)
- Re-create report now shows any custom notes that were added
- Bug fixed whereby very low dimensions (<10cm) would not save
- Bug fixed whereby the beam length setting of span-to-depth ratio was failing for cell beams
- Revised update available screen, that will show a note on who should upgrade when future versions become available
126.96.36.199 (released 2020-06-13)
- New report re-building feature
- Users no longer need to create a report (and increase the revision number) to see an old report. The main menu Create Report includes a new option to re-create old revisions. Note the correct save ID must be loaded first
- Import canvas improvements
- The automatic section builder is now expanded to include 2F/W and F/W I-section notation, and CHS, SHS and RHS sections. Note the hollow section builder runs after it has checked for serial sections (to take advantage of lower section factor values available on serial sections).
- The logic has been improved to handle blanks in the dimension fields (length, area, weight), and to handle non numeric characters in the Tcrit fields
- Important bug fixed whereby some custom sections could prevent the job from being saved after import
- Bugs fixed whereby Use canvas section factor was not working for custom sections, and whereby good matches were sometimes shown as yellow instead of green.
- ‘X’ versions now available
- Quantifire external customer versions now ready:- reduced functionality versions for Quantifire full versions customers to provide to their own customers, restricted to only their products.
- Database updates:
- Additional European sections added to the database. UL1709 intumescents added to available products
PFP Specialists are pleased to announce we are now Associate Members of the Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).