Version v220.127.116.11 is now available and upgrade is necessary for all users, due to some changes required for new-feature compatibility.
18.104.22.168 (released 2021-05-30)
- A Eurocode method for calculation of class 4 sections has been implemented. NOTE: it is currently undergoing a 3rd party verification study and use of the method is not recommended at this time, please await further confirmation
- The method of calculating the web section factor of cell beams now has two options, which will give different results for asymmetric beans. Previously the minimum web thickness was taken, now the average is taken by default (this can be changed in the advanced settings).
- New type of custom section added: I and RHS beams with shelf angles and with shelf plates
- Cruciform sections dimensions can now be quickly based on serial I-sections
- The two main methods of editing the MTO (pen mode and change-all) have been modified for re-calculation of 4 sided beam Tcrit values: they no longer adopt the conservative approach only, but now use the full-lateral-restraint setting to determine the appropriate temperature. See the users manual for more detail.
- Import canvas consolidation improved to now handle individual length, area and weight columns (not just total columns as before)
- Optimiser bug fixes: fabricated hollow sections now giving correct section factor and weight (weight was showing as 0 before), number of coats calculation corrected
- Entering search text for sections now sets the sides options and use automatically if a category is typed (e.g. “shs 100×5”)
- Bug fix whereby the first section entered as a composite beam could go in as non-composite
- The get-started screen can now show messages to alert users to bug reports or new features
22.214.171.124 (released 2021-04-26)
- New cell beam features:
- Option added to build a cell beams from an unmodified serial section, saving the need to enter a separate bottom tee or the correct depth
- Import canvas will now build cell beams from UB and UC parent sections, if the profile name include both the cell beam identifier and the category code (e.g. CB UB 406x178x54)
- Improved section search feature: entering a category after the start (followed by a space) will filter automatically to the category (e.g. whereas entering 140 would give many options before, entering IPE 140 will now select IPE automatically and show only the relevant sections).
- The pen mode button can now modify for concrete filled tubes
- A number of bug fixes, including resolving an important bug that could prevent the job from saving after some advanced Tcrit or CB calculations
126.96.36.199 (released 2021-04-12)
- The optimiser is now available. Permission to use is set on an individual-user basis. Contact your primary user to request access on your behalf
- Significant improvements to the section-matching routines on the canvas:
- Users can now select the serial section they want to include, preventing irrelevant matches and making the routine quicker
- The custom section builder has been expanded to nearly all section shapes, and the routine made faster
- Users can set custom-text which causes a custom section to be built
- Custom cell-beam builder expanded to include plate girders (not only CBs described in the westok format)
- Import canvas consolidation speed improved and bug fixed that could cause crash when copying and pasting “=” onto the canvas
- A number of bug fixes, including fix of the “unable to save job” error after import of certain custom sections
188.8.131.52 (released 2021-03-16)
- The optimiser is now available in beta-form, but disabled for all users by default. Primary administrators will be contacted and demos given before being enabled
- Improvements for North American users: Expanded use of imperial units, auto-switching to imperial units, automatic selection of 1000 deg F when a UL1709 product is loaded, along with prompted to enable UL1709 single-thickness mode
- Improvements for ‘X’ licenses: ‘X’ licenses providers now have separate report disclaimers to the ‘X’ licensee, and can display their own disclaimers on start-up
- Shortcut keys implements on MTO builder page: ‘up’ and ‘down’ cycle through section category, ‘left’ and ‘right’ cycle through section size, ‘c’ opens the custom section window, ‘Enter’ inserts the current section
- Custom sections expansion to include the ability to add sections when only the heated perimeter and the weight per metre are known
- The partially exposed/concrete encased options for sides has been editorially corrected to match the user manual description
- Advanced Tcrit calcs now use a more accurate method to account for root radius of I- and hollow sections, and custom sections can now be specified as being welded (default), hot finished or cold-formed for Tcrit calcs
- Minor improvements: section selector now shows loaded sections when opened, rather than defaults each time; the currency no longer reverts to EUR each time the system costs window is opened; DFT table creation bugs with freezing and failure to create table when products share a certificate name fixed; users can no longer progress from product selector before clicking a product; crash on searching when only Indian sections loaded fixed.
- Canvas import logic improved to speed up import of long files with repetitive specimens
- v184.108.40.206 differs from v220.127.116.11 in that a bug preventing use of the user-specified partial safety factor option has been fixed (and the Tcrit default has been restored to 500).
18.104.22.168 (released 2021-01-22)
- Bug fix: prevent specific combinations of products from giving incorrect DFTs (creators of reports affected were notified on 2021-01-21)
- Bug fix: moving sections and moving/deleting zones bug fixed
- New feature: Import from canvas will now ask users how to proceed if the advanced Tcrit calculation is selected and section lengths are outside the range of 3-30 m (10-98 ft). Users can choose to base the length on the settings and the quantity will be modified to give the same total length/area/weight.
- Compatibility improved with eastern european systems, permitting use of comma decimals in the default section lengths.
22.214.171.124 (released 2021-01-18)
- New feature: two extra columns to select on reports: theoretical use (kg/m or lb/ft) and number of kits
- New feature: change all now includes option to modify concrete filled property of hollows
- ‘X’ users now compatible with teams – restricting visibility of ‘X’ customer projects to relevant users
- Import canvas now searches for the utilisation column automatically and will detect Ø as a CHS section
- Improved handling of ULS partial safety factors – Base Eurocode and UK National Annex parameters now available from a drop down list for ease of use (default set to Eurocode storage to be conservative)
- Entry by area and weight now expanded to imperial units
- Cell beams can now be entered by area or weight (this ignores holes)
- The detailed fire standard (e.g. EN 13381-6,-8,9,-10) now shown for each report line in the fire resistance standard column
- Report translation bugs fixed: summary totals and use (beam/column) words now correctly translated
- Bug fixed that caused crashes if the ALS loading was very high
- Bug fixed that caused crash in some regions when entering system information
PFP Specialists are pleased to announce we are now Associate Members of the Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).